My favorite ride in Minneapolis is Lake Harriet. I enjoy an amiable 10 mile morning ride that includes Lake Harriet; the lake is only 3 miles from where resided during the winter until my departure on June 1.
Lake Harriet is part of the chain-of-lakes and of the Grand Rounds Bike system in Minneapolis.
No gas engines allowed on the city lakes of Minneapolis.
The bike path is a one way around the lake which faces the car traffic that runs the opposite one way. The walking path is right of the bike path and is closest to the lake.
During the summer they have a variety of entertainment here at Lake Harriet.
My Surly 1×1 is for sale, I have extra tires for the paved trails. It is an excellent bike that is good for off trail, paved trails, and a winter commuting. The extra tires are red 1.5 an black 1.75
- Frame: 2011 model year Surly 1×1 suspension corrected, chromoly, 18″
- Fork: Surly 1×1 rigid steel, suspension corrected
- Brakes: Shimano M595 Deore hydraulic, centerlock 160 mm XT rotors
- Headset: Cane Creek S3 sealed cartridge
- Stem: Ritchey Pro 110 mm
- Handlebar: TruVativ aluminum riser
- Wheels:Bontrager Race Lite (9 speed freehub with spacer kit)
- Tires: Maxxis Crossmark 26×2.0 folding
- Cog: Surly 16T
- Crankset: Shimano LX M580 Hollowtech, 32T single ring
- Saddle: Selle Italia SL
- Seatpost: Ritchey Pro 27.2 x 400
If you contact me through this website you can have the bike for $600. I am willing to ship but it would be best if you are in the Minneapolis area.